Thursday, February 4, 2010

What a sweet and considerate little girl

Even though Faith has been with grandma a lot this week because I've had so many doctor appointments, she has been so great. All week, she only got upset once yesterday when I had to leave really early for the Stanford appointment and it was only because she woke up too early.

She is also wonderful with daddy this week. No struggles with bath time. Generally she wants me to go up with her and then I have to tell her that we're having a bath contest to see who would finish first, before she would let me go without a tantrum. They have been having so much fun. I love watching them interact. No one on this earth makes her laugh the way he does. She is daddy's little girl and she knows it too.

Today we had music class with one of our other friend. She was really excited because we haven't seen our friend in awhile. Faith treats M as a little sister. They are only four months apart, but Faith has always taken care of her. I used to baby sit M when she was a baby.

We went to pick up M at her daycare. It's the same daycare that Faith went to for four months. M is in a different room now, but we had a chance to visit their old room and Faith's favorite teacher was there. It was nice for Faith to see her teacher.

The girls were so excited to see each other. I love how they run into each other arms. Now they are talking, it's so cute to see how they interact with each other. M was telling us that she did in school today, and then Faith said, "then we picked you up," then M said, "yes, Faith." They are adorable.

Faith has always been so good at sharing her mommy with M. M's mommy calls me her second mom. Both girls sat on my lap during music class because M wants to do everything that Faith does. They are really like sister. We call them twins. M's daddy was sitting all by himself since both girls were on my lap. Faith got up and went to sit next to him. Then during music class when the teacher brought out the balls for one of our song, she grabbed three balls, one for me, one for M, and one for M's daddy. What a considerate little girl. After we got our balls, she went back for balls for herself. Then during the free time music session where the teacher dumps out a bunch for different instruments for the kids to just play, Faith saw that M's daddy didn't have an instrument and she went and grabbed one and handed it to him. She is so thoughtful and I'm so proud of her.

Ever since baby was a baby she has always been so great with sharing her food. At six months, she would feed us food. Then as she got older, she wouldn't eat her food until she handed one out to everyone else. Every parent works with their kids on sharing, but I never had to work too hard on it. She is also wonderful with other kids when they come over our house to play, she never has an issue with anyone playing with her toys, except when she is actually playing with it and they yank it out of her hands.

Everyone says she gets this from me and I'm so happy that is so kind and considerate, but I worry that she is going to be too much like me. I don't want her to always take care of other people without tending to her needs first. I definitely don't want her to be selfish, but being selfless isn't good either. It's just like the rules on the airplane, put on your air mask first before you put anyone else's on. I want her to always take care of herself first and then she can be considerate of everyone else. It's been a hard lesson for me to learn. I'm getting better at taking care of myself, but I should be doing it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment