Friday, August 20, 2010

Our Charts

We created a few charts the last two days. I've been meaning to do a fancy one with actual photographs of her doing all these actions, but have never found the time to do it. So, finally this morning, I just drew it by hand. I'll have to post the pictures once I download them.

We make a Mommy Wellness Chart to encourage her to sleep with daddy and let me sleep on my own so I can get some quality rest. I drew a picture of myself and told her I was only at about 40% and so I highlighted 40% of my body in green highlight. I told her that each time that I'm get a great night sleep on my own, we can color in a strip of my picture. When I'm completely green and at 100%, then I can sleep with her again. She was really excited to color a portion of it this morning.

The next chart was a Morning Chart. It's everything that she has to do get herself ready for the day. We brainstormed all the task and then I drew boxes in the different colors of the rainbow for each task. I also numbered all boxes in order, drew an illustration, and wrote the description. 1. Go Potty 2. Wash face and hands 3. Brush Teeth 4. Change Clothes 5. Eat Breakfast

Our last chart was a Bedtime Chart. 1. Take a bath 2. Drink milk 3. Take vitamins 4. Brush and Floss Teeth 5. Bedtime Stories 6. Go to sleep

We'll see how helpful these charts are going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment